July 29 - Saturday Night - Operation Butterfly

I decided to try to save the curled up caterpillar. Just in case he was just trying to hang in the "J" position and just didn't make it.  I careful attached the silk thread at the end of the cocoon to the top of the butterfly cage so he could hang. After a while I began to see movement in the caterpillar.

I became worried that I had hung him upside down before he was ready but stayed confident that he was ready since he had spun the thread that would "glue" him to something in order to hang.

We will see what happens.

Caterpillars are so  big and munching so much, you can hear them munching!

No comments:

Caterpillar Video - July 27

Our Monarch caterpillars are getting bigger and bigger. It will be chrysalis time soon.

JULY 29 - Caterpillars!

Feeding Butterflies

Butterfly Release 9-29-2011